It was indeed a proud moment for BPCL MR to receive 2nd prize for The Swachhata Award 2017-2018. This award was received by our Director (Refineries) Shri. R. Ramachandran at the hands of Shri KD Tripathi, Secretary,
MOP&NG. MOP&NG had constituted a competition amongst all Oil sector refineries and designated CHT as a nodal agency for evolving a Swachhata Index in order to determine inter-refinery ratings of all CPSEs. The parameters for developing the index along with rating criteria was evolved for comparing actual parameters.
The parameters included nos. of toilets/ Drinking water facilities for Workmen/contractors, General cleanliness in Process Plants/off sites, Admin Building, workshop, Warehouse, Systems and Processes like Mechanized cleaning, sewage treatment of water, utilization of waste papers ,Awareness campaigns in neighborhoods, Swachhata Inhouse and external competitions etc.
The Oil sectors participating in the contests were BPCL, HPCL, Indian Oil, NRL, BORL,CPCL and MRPL. In MR,
A task force was formed to address the requirements for fulfilling all the criteria’s mentioned by CHT.
Towards this contest, the following activities were carried out at Mumbai Refinery.
1. Provided Mobile toilets for contract workmen (male and female) in all offsite areas / plant areas.
2. Drinking water facilities were provided for contract workmen in all plants and contractor yards.
3. Resting facilities with toilets /drinking water facilities for contract work men were provided at Contractor yard, warehouse, TDU and Project Fabrication yards.
4. Provided PPE changing room with toilet facilities for all contractors at East Gate and Material Gate.
5. Upkeep of the Refinery roads and relevant Signage at various locations in Refinery.
6. Painting of various buildings, Boundary walls with adequate safety communication messages.
7. Various campaigning activities (internal as well as external) to propagate Swachhata Abhiyaan to bring awareness amongst employees, contractors and general public.
8. Making the toilets in Admin Bldg user friendly for the differently challenged staff.
A team consisting members from CHT / IOC and HPC visited the Mumbai Refinery to rate the parameters set by MOP&NG. BPCL Mumbai Refinery was awarded the Second prize in the Swachhata Index for 2017-18 whilst IOC Panipat Refinery was adjudged the winner.
Congratulations to all for making us to believe that WE CAN DO and we DID